Rules for Responsible Internet Use
The school has installed computers and Internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep everyone safe and help us be fair to others.
- I will only access the system with my own login and password, which I will keep secret;
- I will not access other people's files;
- I will only use the computers for school work and homework;
- I will not bring USB or other data transfer device into school unless I have been given permission;
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet;
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved;
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible;
- I will not give my home address or telephone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, guardian or teacher has given permission;
- To help protect other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher if I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like;
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the Internet sites I visit.
We live in an ever changing technical world and keeping pupils safe is paramount. Whilst in school pupils follow the e-safety rules we are aware even though our pupils are not yet 13 years old, SOME of them have "Facebook" or similar accounts. We have therefore put the CEOP thinkuknow links for parents to watch alongside their children.
At Manor, we take the safety of our pupils seriously and will do all we can to ensure that our pupils are given the correct information and tools to keep themselves safe at all times.
Further links and websites are available on our 'Useful Links' page.